A. Anthony Giovanoli, Esq.
— Career Highlights
Bahamian Prime Minister speaks to Central Florida Community Leaders
I organized and coordinated the diplomatic visit of the Prime Minister of The Bahamas, The Rt. Hon. Perry G. Christie, to Orlando, Florida.
Prime Minister of Bahamas Visits — The Orlando Business Journal
Prime Minister Urges Growth of Trade — FM First Monday
Kafe Kalik Royale Restaurant, Orlando, FL
Represented client in all aspects of a complex multi-million dollar transaction for the simultaneous trademarking, intellectual property licensing, outlet space leasing, construction, and alcoholic beverage licensing of a 10,000-square foot Bahamian cuisine-themed Kafe Kalik Royale restaurant.
Bennigan's® Restaurants Franchise Purchases
Represented client in all aspects of a complex multi-million dollar transaction for the simultaneous purchase, franchising, and alcoholic beverage licensing of two Bennigan's® restaurants.
Sherwin-Williams® Paint and Products Distributorship
Represented client in all aspects of an international transaction to establish a distributorship of Sherwin-Williams® paints and products in Nassau, Bahamas. Sherwin-Williams® is one of the world's largest producers of industrial and residential paints, coatings, and colors.
Litigation and Other Legal Matters
- Successfully evicted commercial tenant and procured $3,943,919.46 judgment for commercial landlord following multi-day evidentiary hearing
- Successfully procured dissolution of deadlocked healthcare company and court-appointed receiver for physician-client
- Successfully defended against franchisor's sham complaint and procured dismissal of the case with prejudice along with payment of the client's attorney's fees and costs
- Successfully reduced franchisor's $1,000,000.00 claim against clients by more than $800,000.00 following multi-day arbitration proceedings in Roanoke, Virginia
- Successfully procured dismissal of debtors' chapter 13 bankruptcy petition and an award of monetary sanctions against debtors and debtors' legal counsel
- Drafted and filed motion to dissolve writ of garnishment resulting in dismissal of the garnishment proceedings and the unfreezing of the client's bank accounts in less than 24 hours after filing
- Represented clients in all aspects of near million dollar complex transaction for the simultaneous purchase, franchising and outlet space leasing of a Planet Beach Contempo Spa
- Represented clients in international transaction for the exclusive importation, sale and distribution of luxury olive oil brand from Madrid, Spain